View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Benadrylz
Base Member

Drives: '10 FairladyZ M6
Benadrylz will become famous soon enough
Default 1st to 2nd Shifter Issue

Hey guys.

I've searched around the forums for a while on my issue before posting as I didn't want to rehash something that may already have been answered. I picked up a Pre-Owned 2010 Touring model with Sport Pkg that had accumulated approx. 6k miles. Now it's also my first manual, and although I learned it pretty quickly, I don't know the nuances that most of you who've driven MTs for a while would.

The issue I'm having with my Z is that when the engine is still cold, typically before 180 degrees F, when I shift from 1st gear to 2nd the transition of the shifter into place isn't very smooth. Sometimes I can get it to fall into place easily, but sometimes it feels like my shifter is rubbing against something in the middle of the shift and is harder to shift into place. Is this normal? It feels kind of like the base of the shifter is rubbing against something metal. This goes away when the engine warms up past 180 F. I've read some topics about our tranny being "notchy". Is what I'm describing what "notchy" means?
Benadrylz is offline   Reply With Quote