View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJoseph View Post
This is exactly what I'm concerned about. I've already put down the $300 non-refundable deposit and my delivery is coming up, but I don't want to drop another $1300 to lose power. I don't have a problem with the way my Nismo sounds right now. Perhaps I should have done more homework ahead of time.

That being said, the FI website shows a 20 *wheel* horsepower gain over the base 370 and the Nismo exhaust (which I think is the only component of the Nismo that adds horsepower) nets an 18 *crank* horsepower gain. Translate the FI exhaust wheel horsepower gain into crank horsepower (by adding back in the drivetrain losses) and it would seem that it'd have to be greater than 20... is my thought process wrong here? I have the feeling it might not be an apples-to-apples comparison, but maybe somebody who's more knowledgeable can correct me.

At the very least, the CF FI exhaust is 25 lbs lighter than the stock Nismo exhaust.
You're also forgetting that the Nismo ECU tune is slightly different than the standard Z. As a result the 18hp difference is a combination of the exhaust and better tune.

Personally I questioned whether it was money well spent while I was waiting on mine to arrive. After it showed up and I put it on that buyer's remorse went away entirely. While I don't have actual dyno numbers to back up my claim I can definately say that the butt dyno says there were gains.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote