View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #28 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Yes, but the reasonableness of rolling around in an older, unreliable, less safe vehicle is directly correlated to your financial means.

Choosing to slap your kid in the backseat of a 1988 Honda accord when it's all you can afford is fine, it's a different proposition when the reason is "daddy doesn't want to give up his toy"
Meh, I don't know. In sixteen years, your kid may thank you for holding on to that toy when you teach him/her to drive it. It's all about priorities and decisions in life. I don't see anything wrong with either strategy, as long as the wife's on board.

I don't agree that "just because you can afford a nicer, newer car, you should buy the nicer newer car and throw away your happiness"

Last edited by shadoquad; 10-17-2012 at 10:17 AM.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote