View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
fillerbunnie
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z
fillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond reputefillerbunnie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTCH View Post
Unreal. I was worried about being the first person in Australia to try the supercharger kit.

Good luck. Look forward to the results.

PS. Can you list the issues that Sam raised in relation to RHD? Cheers.

Really they were just issues as noted here (I know it is a TT kit, not a supercharger kit, but the concerns raised by the poster weren't encouraging):
GTM Motorports Installer in Melbourne? - Engine & Drivetrain - Zclub - Australia's Largest Nissan 370Z and Nissan 350Z Forum

I was worried about parts fitment, and the viability of Uprev for AUDM vehicles. The support from GTM (as complained about) wasn't a huge concern, because of the massive volume of positive feedback on this forum.

Sam basically said that there really are no modifications required at all for the kit, and that Uprev works fine on AUDM/non-US vehicles.

From some reading, and some info about the specific case from Sam (that probably doesn't need to be repeated), my opinion is that the guy who is complaining was far more at fault than GTM - he had his kit installed by a tuning ship that then grand-standed his car as "their" turbo kit. He then goes on at length how is getting burnt by stock 370Z's (he obviously has no clue how to drive what so ever)

From a support point of view, everyone says GTM is top notch, and considering I got a call from Sam @ GTM the same day I enquired (I know it is pre-sales, where there is incentive, but even so) it was pretty impressive.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes when I get the gear
fillerbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote