View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #42 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
If you don't want warranty hassles, buy the sport package rather than go aftermarket. Changing the diff won't go over well with most Nissan dealers, so you better discuss this first before you swap it.

A limited slip diff can be helpful in slick conditions, especially snow. Why you would want to upgrade the diff if you're purely street driving doesn't really make sense to me.

I agree with everyone supporting the sport package purchase. All of the elements are an incredible deal. The base wheels look like sheisse, SRM is a wonderful feature, the spoiler DOES drop the drag coefficient, and the larger brakes are sweet.

By all means, save $2000 if you like. But you'll get the value of the sport package right back in resale alone down the road.
I know I mentioned going base and upgrading - but, I agree the sport package offers a great deal. Thing is, if someone is determined to go after-market with replacing items that are part of the sport package, then why spend the money...unless to discover that the sport package offers enough to not NEED to go aftermarket.

That's my opinion on it....

For me, my upgrades apply for items outside sport package. Intake, Exhaust, maybe some suspension stuff, maybe different brake rotors, but heck the OEM sport brakes are freakishly good compared to EVERY previous vehicle I've ever driven. I've already dodged a few idiots with them
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote