View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog1250 View Post
As stated 2012+ has an oil cooler.

Also as stated, you don't NEED one by any means unless you are tracking. Yes I've seen high temps with VERY spirited drives in the mountains, around 240-250, but I still didn't hit limp mode and allowed my car to cool by driving slower for 10 min. No big deal.

You will only NEED one if tracking. You could have found this answer in about 50 different treads on this site using the search feature.
It has been discussed a lot, but this guy is admittedly new.

And as far as an oil cooler for spirited drives in hot weather, personally, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. But, as posted before, I think the OP should get the car and then drive it in a spirited fashion, keeping an eye on the needle, to determine if they want the cooler.

Yes, you can dial back before hitting limp mode, but with a cooler, you don't have to dial back and don't even have to watch the needle. With a cooler, the only b1tch is trying to get the car UP to temps on cold mornings.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote