View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stino
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport
Stino is on a distinguished road
Default DIY: Alpine C117D Rear View Camera Install

This an easy install for those who have an Alpine head unit with direct connect rear camera capabilities. The head unit I installed is the Alpine INA-W900BT with (Bluetooth, Navigation, iPod, and Rear Camera). I wanted to do the cleanest install possible so I pretty much removed every panel inside my Z. I had everything removed including seats in about 1 1/2 hours (really not bad since this was my first time removing everything). All the panels pop out (a few screws).

I purchased this neat little license plate light with a built-in camera made for Nissan vehicles on eBay. I removed the camera that came with it since I purchased the Alpine C117D. This little light housing w/camera makes it look factory installed. See pictures below.

Tools/items used:

10 & 14 mm sockets
Phillips screwdriver
Wire connectors
Shrink wrap
Heat Gun
Lots of Zip Ties

Alpine C117D Camera

I used an Epoxy to mount Alpine camera in housing.

Camera and housing connected to factory bulb.

That's it ...Oh, I decided to install rear speakers while I had all the panels off. See pics below.

10 370Z Sport|Berk CBE & HFC|NISMO R-TUNE CAI|Z1 Oil & PS Coolers|Mishimoto Radiator|UpRev|Nismo S-Tune|SEIBON Spoiler|Eibach Sways, Springs, Spacers|SPC Camber|RJM Clutch Pedal|Enkei Wheels|StopTech Rotors & Pads|SS Brake/Clutch Lines|Alpine W900BT, PDX5, Rear Camera, Boston SR60, S35 & 10" G3 Sub|3M Ceramic Tint

Last edited by Stino; 09-15-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote