View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #4170 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Sounds like you are ready for the 4.0 next season, cos the score you have in the 3.5 tourny shows you are quite a bit higher level than the others...

If you are playing the 4.0 next season, yup, the whole story will be different especially tactics while and how 4.0 keep the ball in play and have the point setup.

I don't know about the effectiveness of your 2nd serve but it will be as important as a life saver, make sure it has a good kick and placement.

Funny thing is sometimes the more you want to finish the point/game, the harder you find it is, all about mental, LOL.

My shoulder problem has been an ongoing thing for years but it was ok until the passed Winter season when I play seriously and wanted to prepare the Summer season, I didn't have enough rest in between and the flat serve was just too much load to the shoulder....

Worst time I can't make a forehand backswing, don't even think about hitting a ball....

Winter season is coming up so I will have to have myself ready by Oct... trying....
You might need to have an MRI after 8 weeks of this. Perhaps, try doing shoulder exercises and applying heat regularly. It might improve shoulder flexibility.

Yes, I gotta improve my second serve ... learn to produce a good kick serve. I gotta start visualizing and go for it, and stop being so tentative. I get my second service over but it is weak. I'd rather get it over than double-fault. Half the time, my opponent over hits and commits an error. I know that I can't rely on that, but I'd rather make my opponent beat me rather than beat myself with a double fault. However, if I'm up 30-0 or 40-15, or better, then I should go for a reasonably strong second service.

By the way, I play on clay mostly so the ball slows down, and points can be difficult to finish. It's also hard to hit aces because of the clay, unless you are someone who can generate a tremendous amount of power.

I rarely play on hard court anymore, although I played on hard court for the first time in a long time against a buddy of mine a couple of weeks ago. The town resurfaced the courts in our main park. I think that USTA and Amex collaborated to do this for many courts across the country. They're blue. They also play slowly. That seems to be the norm now ... slow hard courts like the Australian Open. The US Open is no longer a fast hard court either.

Hopefully, you can play in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm hoping to return to play in a week or 2 as well.

Last edited by bbigby64; 09-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.