View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #69 (permalink)
Benibiker
Base Member

Drives: Red 17 370Z Touring
Benibiker will become famous soon enough

I decided to test drive some 370zs today, stopped by at King Windward Nissan, parked my Mini right in front of the lobby, went inside and went straight for a PG Touring w/sport package. Sat in the car, instantly felt comfortable in the seat. Played around with the shifter, it felt pretty good. Got out opened the hatch, plenty of room now that the brace is gone. Opened the hood, things looked pretty nice under there. Spent about 15 minutes in there and no one ever asked if I needed help or had any questions so I left and decided to go across town to Tony Nissan where I was instantly greeted. I went for a base GP manual, took it out for a spin on the highway and didn't like the feel of the transmission. As with my 02 and 05 350zs, the clutch would engage too high and you couldn't engage it smoothly. Either it wasn't engaged or suddenly it would engage, made shifting gears very jerky. At about 65 I felt a vibration up front somewhere, the whole steering wheel vibrated. Outward visibility sucks, you just have slits looking back, out the sides, and forward. The base model has too many empty buttons all over the place, makes the car look cheesy. The digital gas and temp gauge look out of place, hard to read in sunlight and again pretty cheesy. The car feels heavier and more planted than the 350z, definitely more civilized but not sure I like that. Wasn't impressed with fit and finish, front chin spoiler was hanging on one side, windshield strip was loose on one corner, door panel was loose on the driver's side, and one of the three stack gauges was loose. I could probably find more issues but didn't spend enough time in the car. Next I drove an auto MB base model, lots of the same fit and finish issues but the transmission was marvelous. The whole car felt more solid than the manual. The manual's drive-line just felt too loose and cheap. Next I drove a Black Touring auto w/sport package, the interior was much better, the leather was nice, no empty buttons. Again the auto is amazing, when I buy one it'll have to be an auto and black, black was the best color in my opinion. All in all, not sure I was as impressed as I thought I'd be, mostly disappointed with fit and finish. I'll wait for the 2010s to come out so the can fix their issues...

2017 Pure Red 6MT 370Z Touring
Benibiker is offline   Reply With Quote