Thread: intake hack
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
I experimented quite a bit with this method, I can pretty much guarantee you that you lost power doing that. Likewise, another member on here did something similar, and also saw losses up top.

The MAF sensors are VERY sensitive to airflow tumble effects. In short, if those intakes are moving around and or you relocated the MAF sensors, the MAF misreads will cost you power.

Also, the filters are not heat shielded, and that too is likely to cost you power.

Check out my proven power dyno thread (search my username and that); the K&N filters actually add quite a bit of power, and those plus smooth tubes are within striking distance of the G3's at half the cost.

Attempting to rate the impact of tuning mods with the butt dyno is ill advised -- if you compare that to stock + K&N on a dyno, odds are very good you will see big loss in power up top.

It will SOUND mean, and FEEL like its pulling harder, but its 50-50 at best that it's performing any better.
He chopped the hell out of the stock intake box, so there isnt really any easy way for him to do an accurate measurement...plus, if he doesn't want to spend cash on a pre-engineered intake, doesn't really make sense for him to spend cash on a dyno.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote