Thread: intake hack
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny's 370z View Post
i appreciate the info,i do .but it does pull harder where i need it and the filters do have some heat shielding.the intakes are stationary and the airflow is pretty smooth.if in fact i feel like im losing power,i will rid these intakes.for now though until i can get the typhoons,i will enjoy the power this setup provides.

EDIT;today is the first day i had a long distance ride with these intakes.i didnt feel any power loss up top to 140 cause thats where i let off.car just feels 100% better even in 90 degree heat.i did notice about 1 1/2 seconds worth of heat soak after sitting at a light upon immediate acceleration but makes up for it everywhere else.me like.(this is not my first rodeo making intakes).
I did this exact same thing. The misreads will cause you to read either lean or rich or vacillate between the two -- trust me on this one. I couldn't tell using my butt dyno either, but a dynojet set the record straight.

Dyno it vs. stock airbox and see if your project worked. It's not the design or the idea that's poor, it's just a limitation of the sensitivity of the MAF sensors.

We have the same sensors and the same car -- to assume yours work differently doesn't make sense.

Now, that said, if you build bracketry to clamp down the intakes well enough to prevent any movement it might work, but without a dyno, there's no way to tell.