View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is the correct size T30. I tried doing it by hand and that is when they were stripping. So I poped it into a drill pressed firmly with a quick pull of the trigger it busted them loose, then I took them out the rest of the way by hand.

Make sure the drill is level to avoid an angle that does not make full contact with the screw pattern.

If you read Calvin's post he stripped his out and I made a couple suggestions. What he ever done to remedy it was never passed on here. Try giving him a PM he may answer. If not I would not worry to much. Many people have followed the instructions and so far he's the only that stripped them out.

Post pics of the new wheel once it's on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl128 View Post
This is a great write up - thanks for everyone input. Its a big help when trying to plan the purchase and install.

Anyways, I am about to order A JPM Coachworks wheel for my Nismo. I just alittle concerned with the whole Torq Screws stipping.

For those who have succefully done this - the correct bit is a T30 Tamper Proof correct? And a drill adaptor for the bit is highly recomended.

What steps can I do to avoid, at all costs, stripping the screw? Is there any spray or bolt loosening spray that may help?

If it strips - in a worst case scenario - what will I need to do to fix it.

Thanks guys.