Thread: intake hack
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
kenny's 370z
Base Member

Drives: 2012 frontier sv v6
kenny's 370z is on a distinguished road
Default intake hack

well,i first tried the k&N drop ins.then bought the z1 tubes.i honestly didnt feel much.so after many observations of all the different intakes on this forum including custom.i decided to try my own.i can tell you that it does pull harder than the k&n drop ins and maf tubes without question.and its not a placebo effect either cause i really cant hear the intake because of my exhaust.it pulls so much better and easier now.

sure it's not perfect but its not throwing any cel's and it does the trick.even on the interstate,it pulls better.so anyway,i tried to copy the k&n typhoons as much as i could just from the pics.the filter has a 3" opening connected to about 2" of aluminum pipe that you can't see.from there i have silicone reducers going from 3" down to 2.5" connecting it to the hacked oem pipe.everything is smooth inside and works great.dont have the money right now for the k&n's so this will do for now.thought i would share.and yes,i know alot of people prefer the gen 3's cause of their local providing cold air and such.but honestly,i didnt feel any power loss over the drop ins.only felt gains.here is a pic.
kenny's 370z is offline   Reply With Quote