View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
Yes, here are the issues:

26 more HP than the 350 it replaced
bigger brakes than the 350
350 drivers always gawk and slow down when I drive my 370
350 drivers sometimes, rev and challenge me though I ignore these immature inferiority complexes
even Porsche 997 drivers (a car that's 3x more in price and prestige) like doing double takes
oil temp hits 220+ when I drive on sunny days
needs some more low end torque
This is almost exactly my thoughts and experience so far, although I can't compare my car to a 350z.
The looks from people are nice, had a brand new Z06 pass me and stare today, at only 1/2 the price!

My oil temp hasn't topped 225 that I've seen in the past few weeks. There haven't been too many consecutive 105+deg days as there were before I purchased my car. Lately with some off-and-on spirited driving, I've been seeing 200-215deg oil temp; well within reason.

I have the high-pitched fuel pump noise in my car, which sucks, but I typically have the stereo up and don't even notice it when talking in the car.

It may be my paranoia but shifting seems overly-firm and clunky at times.

My car was trucked in from Port Arthur to Weatherford, TX (6-7 hours away,) and when they unpacked the floor mats, I received 350z Nismo mats. I'm supposed to be getting the 370z Nismo mats later this week, so all is ending well. Has anyone else heard of this?

Trunk mat.... This think is soooo wrinkly. I've been alternating it from upside-down to right-side-up every couple of days but it still looks terrible. Is there a way to just iron this or something? When I replaced the carpet in a car I had with a cracked heater core it said to leave the carpet out in the sun for a couple days to get it's shape.

The hatch popping issue has reared its head a couple times, but I spoke with the dealer today and he seemed willing to help with getting me the new springs.

Oh, also, I hate wanting to clean her all the time and being disgusted at every little piece of dirt I see.

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote