View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #123 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it applies to all those parts, but that's not what I'm trying to get at.

It's basically up to the original author to decide what they will allow. Nissan doesn't seem to have an objection, for or against those parts, so we don't really know if it's okay or not. We can't really comment on it without Nissan's views. I was under the impression that they allow it, but with the caveat that Nissan is no longer liable for parts modified or replaced with non OEM part. They, like all manufacturers take copyright cases seriously and will usually let the small stuff pass without legal action. More extreme cases see a far more pronounced action.

Since the prospect of a near identical replica of the Powerhouse Amuse kit is in question, we can use that as an example. They, Powerhouse Amuse, don't want people buying or selling an exact clone of their product in ANY shape or material. Period! It's something they have clearly explained as a direct infringement of their intellectual property. If they were to go to court against these replica manufacturers, the result would be without a doubt in Powerhouse Amuses' favor. Just because you think it's expensive, it doesn't give you the right to copy that product. Call it whatever you want...influence, flattery, whatever....it's still plagiarism. Just because you refuse to take action at someone copying your work, it doesn't make it right. The right to give or deny permission to replicate and sell is rightfully & soley with the owner of the original design.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote