View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuy View Post
drill holes and zip tie together, hell of alot cheaper
Why such a hack job on a Z? No Z is worth this kind of treatment my friend. Might as well put an El Cheapo sticker on your car his car. Zip tie -----seeeesh

Because it is a Z, here are some options as I see it (I do not have all the ideas as I am not a total expert). This is with the idea of keeping it right at or just under $500 on parts and prime/paint but you do the install by yourself.

1. New bumper is around $320 or so. Find a used one from a junk place, you save more. It is unprimed. Prime and painting is about $200. DIY for take down and install to save on labor cost. It is around $500 to get a new bumper and painted. You can sell your bumper later on to recover some of the cost.

2. Get an FRP Evo R lip for about $190.00 plus shipping, used if you can find in the forums or ebay. No need to paint, it is black and blends well with your Z's color. If you have it primed and painted, it is another $80 to $100. You will still need to fix the existing crack before you install the lip. Simple fiberglass work on the back side just so that it does not worsen before you install the lip. It's like a chipped windshield. It will get worse if you ignore.

3. The inexpensive way (other than just fixing it with fiberglass on the back side so it does not get worse) is to get a $120 FRP lip on e-bay, not paint it and not fix the crack.

4. The most inexpensive fix is to take your bumper off and do a fiberglass repair on the crack (from the back side) and reinstall without painting. At least you do not have to spend more than 20 bucks for the chemicals to do the glass work. You will notice a crack when you look closely but it would be barely visible unless you have someone scoping from the bottom up.

Sorry this happened to you. It sucks.

I am sure I missed some.

Last edited by axmea?; 09-05-2012 at 01:36 AM.
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote