View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #267 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
yeah i saw that about an hour ago... dana was pissed in the conference call lol.
but yeah jones ducked sonnen thats just sad

i wonder when all this went down... if you guys have been following headlines the last week chael has been really vocal about jones so that makes me think maybe he knew something? but then dana said something like chael wouldnt earn a title shot even if he beat forrest in december... then i guess ironically hendo got hurt and chael was the go to guy

i dont think chael would have won but he guy has grown on me and i enjoy watching him fight now so hendo jones was like the fight i was most excited for and chael as a substitute would have kept the hype level up for me...

machida... ehh i dunno like you said its not something fans want to see right now.. all i know is i will be pulling for him...im pretty much a jones hater now
Yeah I was hoping at least someone else would step up and take the fight, but he might have turned them down as well. They could have just waited a couple months for Hendo to recover, but I guess they really wanted to put Jones in action.

I don't mind Machida fighting Jones again, but I think Jones should fight someone else first. It will build more hype for the rematch. It's not like the first fight was close or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I started off liking Jones. Unknown, self-taught, good skill set, size advantage. Then he started having issues with the drunk driving incident...not a good role model. Didn't even handle it cleanly and kept pushing it back instead of getting it taken care of immediately. Then after the stuff aired about Rashad and him made me lose even more respect for the guy. Now ducking Chael when he was taking the fight with only one week notice. Chael wasn't even training and out of shape. If there was ever a time to face Chael P. Sonnen, the American Gangsta, it is when he has been laid up on the couch for a couple months. Not ducking him and maybe fight him down the road with a full training camp. Loved what he told Dana, "Not only will I take the fight, I will fly down to Mandalay Bay and fight him tonight if you want me to!"

In other news Frankie "Not the Answer" Edgar moved down to featherweight. People actually thinks he has a chance against my man Jose Aldo. I will take that bet all day long. Aldo will destroy Edgar. Edgar is a points fighter. Aldo will KO him. Edgar's speed will not be an asset in Featherweight as all those guys are fast.

I won't be buying the card to see the same old fight. Even though I hope Machida wins.

What about the talk of GSP vs. Silva being talked about again. If GSP gets past Condit....it may get super serial.
Same here. I used to love Jones when I first started watching him fight, but now I just hate his personality. Still love watching his fights and respect his skills, but like Rashad said he comes off as a very fake person. I think he's a little to full of himself right now. He might be the next Anderson Silva, but he needs to accomplish much more before he gets that level of respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
Now we comes to Canada for UFC 152. I might pick up some tickets
Wanna get me one too
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote