View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcd312 View Post
mainly gonna do exhaust/intake/headers, possibly springs or coilovers. maybe bags. probably end up buying wheels for the summer and leave the stock ones on in the winter. not really thinking about turbo or anything at the moment, and probably won't for a long time (if ever). besides, i can always sell the nismo exhaust. i see people buying them for their base 370s all the time.

i might actually leave the suspension alone; i live near the city so there's lots of potholes/bumps/generally shitty roads. i had springs on my last car, but it didn't sit as nicely stock as the 370 does. i definitely like the nismo body and interior though.
Okay if you do love the exclusive Nismo look, then you should get a Nismo. And I am sure the Nismo exhaust, wheels will be a hot sale here if you are not planning to put them back on later. But you probably should take your time now search on the net to find a good deal. Coz there aren't many out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
If you take a Nismo over a Base model, you'll spend about 10k more.

For that same 10k if you buy a base model, you can invest that into modding, and come out with a higher performing car, with the same kit purchased aftermarket, for less than buying a Nismo outright.
That statement might be right for buying a new one. But he said he is looking for a slightly used one. So there won't be $10k difference(far less than that). Plus, if he really likes the Nismo kit, there is NOTHING better then the factory bodykit out of the box. EVERY aftermarket kit will have flaws here and there if you've been there before. And some of them will make you really frustrating and end up spending more money and time.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote