View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #92 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

there's no real need for continuity of this thread, but we do know now what the true competitor is doing next year. (The Porsche Cayman S). We know it will have more power on two less cylinders which kind of (hopefully) clarifies some of Nissans outlook for the Z considering. it copies everything porsche does on an economical scale. Not a bad thing to do imho... At least they don't design the car to look like a porsche, though they try to copy it dimensionally.
I hope they do a better job of that though and give the next gen Z a lower center of gravity. Believe it or not... my biggest complaint performance wise was the stock center of gravity before drop. But even with drop, the car can use a more porsche like lowness.

I guess dropping to a 4 can make a better low center of G happen? considering how much ot costs to make a truly compact 6. I just wish nissan could figure that out.

My conclusion on this thread is the same as my opener. I just want nissan to progress. but seeing the direction the cayman is going. I feel better about the next gen. If it wasn't for the poster that brought up, we should look up what porsche was doing... I would be much more skeptical of the next Z car. Especially with the way nissan execs are talking about the car needing to be more appealing to the overall public. I wasn't and am partially not convinced. But i see hope. May we all, will see a faster and more capable Z in our futures.

GODSPEED.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote