View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #82 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not saying the Cayman S will blow the Z away, but it can certainly walk away given that they have virtually the same amount of acceleration and it handles better. I am not sure how you can spin it any other way? It is half the price, so that is good. Straight line test, hmm I am not sure there are that many drag racers interested in a little 2 seater like the Z or the Cayman or any Porsche for that matter. Why cramp yourself in a little car when you can get a Mustang to do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
If you mean now as in current model? Its faster, but not enough to call it faster than our Z's. We generally beat them in overall acceleration up until 2012. Then it kinda tied up to a degree. Z auto is still faster than the PDK (believe it or not) porsches pdk is only .01seconds faster and there average quarter time is 13.4. Z autos can make 13.1 vs Z manual 13.4 average.

The porsches get around the track faster than a stock Z due to the mid-engine layout and being 180lbs lower in weight along with a better center of gravity on the porsche, thus, why we are outhandled on tracks by porsche. Straight line neck to neck. I think a Z can take the porsche unless its a top speed race. 155 vs 164mph.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote