View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #7732 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post

Today I spent about 3 hours working what's left of my yard after the drought, which is mainly just the weeds. So I was pulling weeds and cutting back some stuff and actually had to use a shovel to get some of the weeds out.

Then I washed the Z with my new CR Spotless deionizer. I used regular water to wash and did the top first, rinsed with DI water, then one side, rinsed that, then the other side, rinsed that, then the hood, rinsed that, and then I did my wheels while I waited for it to dry. It was taking too long (but not leaving spots!) so I blotted it dry with a big microfiber towel - no wiping, just blotting.

Then I took it out on the highway for a little blow-drying and came back home to detail it... I figured some of the wash water would come out of the gaps and stuff and I'd have water spots but I didn't have hardly any!

I detailed a few little spots and it looks super-clean again, and it was lots easier than using hard water and drying and then detailing all of the water spots that leaves.

Now my only potential issue with this thing is how many washes I get out of a $45 bag of the granules. Our water is pretty hard here so it might be as little as 5 washes, but still, it saved me at least an hour and a half.
Sounds like a very productive day

I like using the blot technique along with my Metro VAC sidekick. Works like a charm, but not as fun as going for a quick drive on the highway.