View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #7627 (permalink)
Isamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
took the nizy out for a drive today. drove 65 miles worth of chicanes, hairpins, apex's and what not from livermore to san jose (mines road) and the car held up like a CHAMP!

this was the first time ive ever really driven it like it was meant to and it did not disappoint. with the 25 row oil cooler my temps stayed in the 200 degree mark the entire 65 miles. ambient temperature in the valley was 100+ degrees! however, once i stopped...temp's soared to 220-230 degrees quickly (pitstopped at lick observatory). brakes held up quite nicely as well (newly added SS lines and RBF600), but im thinking of changing the power steering fluid now. anyone flush theirs?

good to see you driving her like she is meant to be! I am jealous as I have no where here to really drive my NISMO like that..
as for your oil temps that's odd that once you stopped your temps went up.. I am boosted and I generate alot of heat, and I don't see 220 unless I am really on it for a long time...
don't forget that you need ATF fluid for your PS fluid

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks