View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #7412 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Hello everyone!

Didn't do anything with the Z except think about doing something... The NISMO cat back.

Talk me out of it? Into it? I like that it won't affect the warranty and should fit well, and I do not want a super-loud racing type exhaust anyway. But a little louder than stock would be good.

Have any of you guys or gals heard one? Unfortunately I have not had the chance to hear one in person. I miss the "burble" of the 350Z on the highway a little. That's the only thing I miss, though.
hi davey i think the nismo catback is only slightly throatier. if you want sports car sound, you will probably want to get something else. i would get the nismo if my HOA complains my Z is too loud when i start the car at 7am on sundays. so far my neighbors have been very tolerant. the fujimura muffler i use sounds great, it is not quiet but not super loud either. cold start is on the loud side as the rpm's are high. i try to back completely out of the garage within 7-8sec of start up so the sound does not resonate so much inside amplifying the sound.

if it wasn't the fujimura i would get the greddy catback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Don't be an old fart, go with the FI!
hi pint! that is also a nice choice. the FI looks the best imho. i like the low hanging canisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
I wish it was a Yoga class I taught -- even though I am as flexible as a Graham Cracker. No, I was teaching a diverstiy class and today's topic was on the plight of Height-Challenged Transgender Developmentally Disabled Reformed Catholic Chemically Dependent Liberal Persons of Color in Same-sex Relationships and their rights in the workplace.
lol!! hello, mr. onzege.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
My sister is visiting us with her family every summer, she has a son, 6 yrs old and a daughter 11yrs.

This is him.. enjoying the bonding time with the Z:
that's a cute kid! im impressed he knowz bugatti. so did the uncle-alcheng teach him any bad tricks like mr.mt tam? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
I keep hearing all good things about the Fit. You see a number of them around here in my part of Germany. Its a good machine. Close that deal!!!
Good day and weekend to all. Nice day here. Will be motoring the mighty Z later on this evening after the rush hour is over. That will start my happy hour!
hi mr.DLSTR- yah, i think im pretty much set on the FitSport 5MT(cheap with utility) this time again. and going with silver. yes i will have 3 silver MT cars. not that i want another silver car, the blue one i want is impossible to find in MT in my area. i need the car like "now" since i have biz trips planned this month and i dont feel like parking my G in the outdoor extended parking at the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
NEVER!!!!!

This one actually got messed up in the process of fixin the last blown gasket. My buddy accidentially ripped it a little upon re installation. I knew it was only a matter of time before it went. I am quite sick of replacing exhaust gaskets though. I called the ERZ/CNT, the makers of my test pipes, to order the proper gaskets instead of making my own again and they told me they dont sell replacement gaskets WTF!!!! So Ill be making my own once again, ugh.

Good morn everyone. Its gonna be a stormy Friday here in the North East. Kinda sucks because now my hot tub installs for the day will be cancelled and Ill have to sit around the store all day. Sitting around the store is the WORST!!
mr.alchemy- sorry to hear about CNT not having replacement custom gaskets. thats sucks... we would all expect exhaust manufacturers to keep them at all times as service parts. wth to do when you sell the exhaust? the next person has to make his/her own gaskets again? that is f-ed.

sitting around in store =

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Happy Birthday to Mr. AK370Z!!!
aha! happy b-day mr. AK