View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #7387 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning! I had a great night watching my sump pump work. So glad I had it installed, I only had a 3'x6' puddle 1/2" deep instead of completely flooded basement.

Tip: When the plumber says you don't need to plug your floor drain because the storm sewer "shouldn't" back up into it... Plug it anyway, because when you get a foot of standing water in the street, things that "shouldn't" happen, happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
370zexhaust.com/ <== Click it

BTW... I love my ARK, and F.I. is a good one too... right Ms.Pint??
Many thanks for that, sir! Very handy.

I was thinking NISMO because I don't want something too loud- it just attracts more attention... "Look this way officer, hear that? I'm driving fast!"

But a little more would be nice.

Maybe the Stillen, I am liking the tone of that one. The ARK is nice, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Don't be an old fart, go with the FI!
That one sounds good too but I can't get the FI because I already know it attracts the police...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
I wouldn't say that...
Of course you wouldn't say the NISMO underperforms other cat-backs, you're trying to sell me one.

Kidding, dude, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
So the small rubber section on the springs I bought is ripping on at least 2. What's the point of this section and do I really need it? I'm a noob remember.
I don't know much about 370Z springs specifically but I'm guessing that these are progressive or dual-rate springs (less space between some coils, just by physical appearance.) These work out so that some of the coils end up compressed and touching under normal load and expand to keep the spring positioned when the springs are unloaded (like when you take it over some sweet jumps.)

If that is the case then the rubber is there so the springs don't clank when they compress and touch as the suspension is loaded/unloaded in regular driving (speed bumps, things like that.)