View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #7293 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hey there DLSTR i forgot to mention. i did check out the GTI. it is a nice car, but i am not a fan of the wheels it comes with and the dealer was pretty firm on their price. it's in the high end of the price i want to spend on this 'utility' car, and honestly i did not connect with the GTI. would still get the MS3 over the GTI as i can get it cheaper and the MS3's handling is sharper and overall more performance oriented... just felt cheap doing it.

but then the issue was if im spending that kind of money on a hatch, why not spend a tad more and see if i can find a clean used STI-hatch. but then i can't locate one in my area that is stock. so im like if im not going to get what at i really like anyway, just go cheap.

i found that there's no car in the mid-$20K range that i WANT. it's either sub $18K (cheap so who cares, i will buy it) or above $32K (it's out of my range for this winter beater).
Ken,

Sorry for the late reply. I have a base model 2012 with a 6sp trans. Its loaded as is(most normal features). Sticker was right at 23,900$ new. I bought it for 20,900$ used with only 4kmiles. New but used. Perfect. I certainly understand the lack of connection piece. Cars are like anything else, it just needs to feel right. Good luck no matter what you choose!

Last edited by DLSTR; 08-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.