View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
anthonyy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Lexus CT
anthonyy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
dynojet came in at 315 horses! I know that doesn't mean much without the base (rob told me my premod numbers, but I don't remember for sure I think it was about 280. I'll post the dyno as soon as Rob E-mails it to me. (he did say I have a comparatively strong running motor)

Here are my subjective impressions:

JWT Clutch and light Flywheel:
The pedal is completely transformed! The instal was complicated by having to replace the Master Cylinder, but otherwise I guess this is my favorite bit of the upgrades for drive-ability. The Stock clutch WAS a bit of a bitch to drive. This is the clutch Nissan SHOULD have used IMHO. I have heard ppl complain that there is some rattle or vibrations with a lighter flywheel. I detect none. Clutch throw is shorter, and more user friendly and gone is the "ON/OFF switch" clutch feel that I (like so many others) found irritating. The engine seems to respond in a more positive way when easing in the clutch with the lighter flywheel. It is hard to explain without driving it for yourself, but let me just say WOW. Way better.

JWT POPchargers, Berk HFC's, and Exhaust:
This is hard to quantify, but just look at the youtube vids I put up to hear the sound difference. This Z sounds pretty darned amazing now. Its hard to keep my foot out of the pedal just to hear her sing. The sound in cockpit it awesome and keeps you coming back for more. Also I picked up some significant power and efficiency. How much is from the tune and how much is from the bolt-on's I have no idea. The pipes are very pretty, but don't allow much ground clearance in back. I wonder if the stockers are the same way and I just did not notice. Either way I don't think ill be going 4 wheeling anytime soon so this is not really a concern.

Uprev:
Better throttle response no question. 4 maps. (Tuned, Stock, valet, kill/no start). Nothing new to report here except it *needs* to be done after full breathing bolt-on's so you don't run dangerously lean.

Overall, I'm very happy with the new sound and feel of the Z. It really is a different animal now with the biggest noticeable improvements being the clutch feel and exhaust note. The power gains and throttle response are better too of course, but once off the dyno, they do not appreciably change my driving experience. I don't hammer the car around a track and try NOT to drag race all over the hood, so your driving impressions may differ.

If I had a limited budget and had to chose, I think I would do the JWT Clutch first. Then HFCs, I am unsure how much benefit came from PopChargers and Catback. I understand stock in-takes and Cat back are pretty good.

I apologize for not having my Dyno up, but I'll post it ASAP.
nice numbers! Thanks for posting your review.
anthonyy is offline   Reply With Quote