View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
w0rM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
w0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJoseph View Post
As mentioned, this thread is already drifting... but I'm OP, so that's ok, right?

Question about tuning: It definitely voids your warranty, right?

What about CBEs / HFCs / CAIs?

I'm curious what (if anything) I can get away with while maintaining my warranty.

Anyhow, that could be a reason to do a few light mods w/o tuning if the answer to the second question is "no".
Yeah, like others have said, it really depending on the dealer. As far as tuning, just flash your ECU back to stock before you take it in. You really don't don't want them working on it with a tuned ECU anyway.

For the most part, you can get away with CBEs, intakes and HFCs. There's actually nothing from Nissan that says any of these things inherently void the warranty. Dealers might sometimes give you crap about it but you can always go to another dealer.

| SOLD September 14th, 2013 | My Build Journal
w0rM is offline   Reply With Quote