View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJoseph View Post
(1) Does the Nismo have the same cats as the base 370Z (i.e. can I expect the same gains that FI quotes on their website for HFCs or test pipes)?

(2) FI offers 300 cell and 100 cell HFCs for the 370Z. Is there any disadvantage to using the 100 cell cats on a naturally aspirated Nismo? It specifies that they were designed for turbo/supercharged vehicles, but they are lighter and (presumably) less restrictive.

(3) The test pipes appear to be heavier than the HFCs. Is this right? The test pipes are the pipes minus the extra hardware as I understand it.

(4) Can anybody comment on the FI exhaust volume without resonators vs 12" vs 18" vs stock Nismo? Any of the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance... decisions, decisions!
(1) Yes. They all have the same cats.

(2) Not too sure on this one, but I remember Tony told me it's for tuning. More cells gives you extra band.

(3) Test pipes shouldn't be heavier than HFCs coz they are just straght pipes.

(4) If 10 being the loudest and 0 being no volume at all: FI CBE = 9, stock Nismo = 0. Naw... just kidding. Stock Nismo = 5. Resonateors and non-resonateors are no big deals IMO. It's just used to cancel out the in cabin drone.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote