View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #73 (permalink)
NIZMOZ
Track Member

Drives: 07 NISMO 350Z SA M6
NIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond repute

Skipad G = Tires, MPH = suspension.

The NISMO 350Z had a higher mph than the NISMO 370z in all the tests. Which means it's the car that can go faster through the slalom without issues. It handles better.

But 350z vs 370z, that I can not answer.

Due to little weight savings, shorter wheel base is mainly why it handles a little better, the suspension is softer however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakoye View Post
I simply don't understand how this can be if the 370z has a higher skidpad rating than the 350z??? Isn't that the ultimate test of handling ability? Yes, it's not occurring at 120 mph, but I don't see why things would be any different just cause you're going "a bit" faster.

I mean, a .97g figure on the skidpad at 69mph! That's quite impressive (from Edmunds):

"There's more than enough tire on the ground, as the 370 circles the skid pad at 0.97g in a steady drift that can be adjusted with the throttle. The shorter wheelbase promises better agility through the slalom, and the 69-mph run confirms it. Basically the 2009 Nissan 370Z fills out the performance envelope of last year's 2008 Nissan 350Z Nismo, but without the Nismo car's wound-up character."

The rest of the article is here: 2009 Nissan 370Z Full Test and Video on Inside Line

If I'm wrong on the value of the skidpad test, please correct me.
SOLD: 2007 NISMO 350Z #0044 Silver Alloy
New DD: 2010 Titan Pro4X CC