View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #65 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIZMOZ View Post
LOL. A G35 is not a 350Z or a 370Z. Period. You can not compare the two cars. I had a G35, and went to a 350z NISMO. The 350Z and the NISMO handled way better than my G35 did just because it's a shorter wheel base, and it's designed to handle better.

Nissan is trying to get a different crowd this time. They want to keep the ride nice for daily driving, but also usable on the track. And that is what they did. It did cause the handling to not be as good in responsiveness, but you have to give or take sometimes. Nissan did this on the power plant from the Z32 to the Z33. They went backwards as the 350z was slower than the 300zx TT.

And truthfully, I haven't seen any TRACK times published where both cars were on the track in the same conditions to compare. So you can't say one had faster times vs the other till this happens.

Performance wise on the track, the 370z IMHO doesn't FEEL to be better because it is less stable at higher speeds vs the 350z.
That's because they never take the shipping spacers out of the coilovers on the NISMO 370Z.

....or so I've been told!