View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #5681 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
GoodAM Mr.kenchan, agree on the no-need drop for Z.

I had a slightly different experience on drop when I was driving the bmw where it gave me some serious issues on both F&R cambers, well, rear camber arm and front camber-plate solved the problem but 4-wheel alignment had to be done all the time and the tires were feathered like crazy...

Same reason as Mr.gurny stated, I feel the ride is firm enough for DD, no point to stiffen it or lower it for now...
hey there, mr.alcheng! my Z's my weekend fun car and i still dont feel necessary to change the suspension. it's one thing to tighten it up to your liking, but another to just drop and stiffen it up for cosmetics. if it's a dressup car, then by all means do wat you want to make the car look nice. or if it's a pos car that needs improvement.

most often, such cars go slower due to skipping tires, discomfort, slower engine rev-up due to larger vibrations, and abs noise during hard braking. will also throw off your yaw control which you can't turn off during throttle up. the Z's stock suspension is more than capable for street and the stance is fine so not worth compromising or spending my time on it.

what really cracks me up are folks that say these things yet they drive around with inferior/junk tires with wrong offset wheels while racing their dropped z aka 'race car' in their heads. lol