View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
djtodd
Track Member

Drives: 2012 Nismo TT
djtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I have the Nismo brake ducts. They list $612.00 each. (got mine cheaper) So if someone could make them at a lower price. That would be great!

The end where the cooling hose goes on the Nismo brake duct is 4" diameter. The Stillen brake duct kit hose is 2" in diameter. So I have to come up with a reducer. That's where I'm at now. I got the reducer, but I need to do a little machining on it to fit the way I want it to.
Yeah, what I was thinking was to go from the 4" opening to 2x3" outlets. 3" duct is rather easily acquired, and you could close one off if you didnt care to route 2 ducts to the rotor. Personally, I would rather have more airflow than less.

I made a rough mockup earlier today, but I'm just going to have to break down and cut the holes to get the angle just right.

Also, how to the oem ducts mount? I was thinking of a plate on the inside of the bumper. That way, I could make some studs into the duct that would go through the bumper and plate, secured by lock-nut or similar.
djtodd is offline   Reply With Quote