View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #64 (permalink)
NIZMOZ
Track Member

Drives: 07 NISMO 350Z SA M6
NIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
My G35 had a Tein coilover suspension with an EDFC unit. At its stiffest setting, my 370 still feels more responsive, with less over/understeer. Weight might be playing a factor, but 0 chance a 350 handles better. Nissan designed this car with track use in mind, thats why the wheel base was shortened, weight dropped, stickier tires applied, SRM used, and suspension IMPROVED, yes, improved, not downgraded. With the Z34, Nissan wanted to move forward. Worse handling than previous generations would be taking a step back dont you think? It might not "feel" like it handles better, but from a scientific standpoint, and proven faster lap times, it does. And lets not get into the "well the 370 has 332hp", on an auto x track, neither car will reach speeds where 30bhp makes a difference, and with 2 ft/lbs more, not a factor. Performance wise, the 370 is an all around better car. PERIOD.

LOL. A G35 is not a 350Z or a 370Z. Period. You can not compare the two cars. I had a G35, and went to a 350z NISMO. The 350Z and the NISMO handled way better than my G35 did just because it's a shorter wheel base, and it's designed to handle better.

Nissan is trying to get a different crowd this time. They want to keep the ride nice for daily driving, but also usable on the track. And that is what they did. It did cause the handling to not be as good in responsiveness, but you have to give or take sometimes. Nissan did this on the power plant from the Z32 to the Z33. They went backwards as the 350z was slower than the 300zx TT.

And truthfully, I haven't seen any TRACK times published where both cars were on the track in the same conditions to compare. So you can't say one had faster times vs the other till this happens.

Performance wise on the track, the 370z IMHO doesn't FEEL to be better because it is less stable at higher speeds vs the 350z.
SOLD: 2007 NISMO 350Z #0044 Silver Alloy
New DD: 2010 Titan Pro4X CC