View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #5532 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
lol, that takes me back to that audio file that was popular like 10 years ago..."You kicked my dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tanooki View Post
It's a tick. It sounds like some sort of spinning mechanism inside the gauge cluster isn't sitting right. If I get over 4000rpm it seems to put whatever it is out of whack, the ticking starts, and it won't stop until I dip back down to 2000rpm. It's been doing it since my car was stock, so I know it's none of my parts.

Yeah thanks man. I have a friend who's a master tech at Nissan so I'm sure he'll sort it all out for me.
yah, that definitely sounds like a bad tach. should be a easy swap either just the tach module or the entire cluster.

talking of repairs, i decided to fix my driver seat bottom today for the popping/slight movement TSB. mine was like this from day one and lately it's gotten a tad worse from wear.

no parts really needed (unless you want to replace the starwashers) and you dont even need to take the SRS harness off; i did the entire repair while seat inside the car.

TSB:2009 nissan 370z: Seat popping noise/slight movement from front right seat corner

i did the door side first while the seat was still mounted to the floor.

the center console side of the seat, i took the seat off the floor, turned it so i had clear access to the starwasher on that side, and pounded the stock washer in further using my impact socket+ adapter.

no more popping noise or slight movement of the seat bottom.