View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #5526 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
You have to really work for it, here. I drive almost 20 miles to get to a short stretch of barely-used smooth road with a few low-speed tight corners. Or, there's always the city's racetrack - I465; plenty of ramps. But always populated. Not a great idea.

I was in Austin a few years back. The south side on the way to Fredericksburg looked sort of interesting. Made me wish I had my Z, at least. Also drove up on the NW side near some lake if I recall correctly, lots of hills. But the houses back in there all had driveways you'd need a 4wd to get into.
The Fredericksburg route is kind of boring to me and FULL of cattle guards.

Lime Creek is on that NW side as well as 1431. Both great roads.

Lately I've been enjoying the new toll road 130. 80 mph speed limit and if you know the road well, you can easily get away with a lot more. New section they are opening up down south will be 85 mph.