View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
Garrett63
Base Member

Drives: 40th 370z
Garrett63 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenulm View Post
What do you expect? Starting a post about getting a first car using mommy and daddy's money , especially one like the 370z, will warrant negative comments.

I worked hard in life and getting a 370z is a way to show myself I made it, that hard work really does pay off.

In all serious, stick with a slower car. Can't go wrong with Hondas.
I have to say although having a Z as your first car at that age is bad ***, I don't think it will be good in the long run.. It's a great feeling moving up from the bottom in car niceness than immediately at a that class in car. I started with a '72 pontiac Le mans when I was 16. Purchased a 99 jeep wrangler(in 06) that was a lifted 4banger and couldn't get above 62 mph with the peddle to the floor in 5th gear. sometimes max was 55mph depending on the wind since the wrangler is less aerodynamic than a cement truck.

then in 08 I thought I purchased my dream car in an 07 dodge charger SE. It was definitely a step up for me into a modern car, then 2 years later I saw one on the road at least 4 times a day so it got old fast...

I'm 25 now, just purchased my Z a month ago and its only up from here! I can't even imagine going from a same class of car to a lower or even equal class of car and that might happen getting this type of car right out of the gate. A loss of excitement when it comes to cars.

Sorry for the life story... I meant to stop after my jeep, but the writer in me just kept going.