View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
whoady4shoady
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Silver Nismo
whoady4shoady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleONE View Post
I guess it helps growing up in the desert driving my parents truck around, and riding MX since I was 3.. I mean I had my street bike permit at 15 1/2 and was riding an R6... Never dropped it or got a ticket. I remember at 12 years old I was launching my families boat, backing it down the ramp with no one in the truck but me! the good ole days. Just sayin, not all 16 year olds are incompetant
That reminds me of places where kids can drink at a young age, and most of them grow up not binge drinking or doing stupid things while heavily intoxicated from what I have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog1250 View Post
ANY smart newly licensed driver should NOT be confident in their driving abilities. There are so many dangers of the road that take time to get used to. Even if you've been racing cars on the track all your life, the real road poses many threats and should not be underestimated. I suggest you not be confident in your abilities.

What you can be though is disciplined, and that is something that will allow you to own and stay safe in a sports car. I drove an '86 celica for a year or two then bought and paid for a 350z when I was 17... on my own. But that's another argument to be had.

If you're disciplined then there should be no problem. But don't give your parents the argument that you are a "skilled" driver... because you can't be yet.
Thats a very good point!
whoady4shoady is offline   Reply With Quote