View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #5155 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
Kenchan, I don't think the dealer will pull your CB because I think it effects/disables other systems. I will put this discussion where it belongs in the other thread, but...

I pulled mine (its an 09, so totally necessary) and now the passenger side child-seat airbag/sensor/disable function does not work. On the other hand, as long as you don't put kids up there, its the only thing I can detect that is adversely effected.

Also the mod it a *totally* easy one, even for non-mechanical guys like me if you decide to take it on yourself. I see most ppl have the steering lock motor failure at about 30k miles or so. 500 bucks plus a tow! Sheesh!!!!

Good luck. Have fun. The build and getting to know the guts of your ride is half the fun.
hey surf- im what are we talking about again with this CB? huh?

and GJ on the steering lock bypass. did you snip the brown wire, or get the harness, or pulled the fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Good morning and greetings from the lake at Battle Lake, MN. I am disappointed because the town grew by a little more than 100 people since my last visit and its population is now around 860 or so – a virtual metropolis. So I am checking in while waiting for folks here to get ready for the day. Obviously, I have no Z plans today.

On a different, and personal, note, today -- July 26 -- marks a milestone for me. It was 12 years ago today I took my first step on the path of living a sober and clean life. Since then, it's been one day at a time working on my "second chance" at life. Not always easy or simple, but always worth it. Thanks for reading and have a great day.
congrats, mr. onzedge! that's a great achievement. keep up the great work. x100000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Morning guys. At some point I need to catch up on who's doing what.

Congrats, honorary dad, on your 12 years sober!

Hi Alchemy, Alcheng, Happy, JAR, Onze, Kenchan, Gale, LunaZ and everyone else!
morning, ms. pint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Just received a nice message on my profile: "Why don't you come out as ghey?"
Seriously? Thought I'd logged into the Ford Ranger Forum by accident

lol