View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #5142 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

I just picked out my tips for Berk cat backs. (I went with the oval ones) I know, "who cares", but I'm super exited about my install and tune on Monday!!! I'm putting on a total intake, HFC, exh, and tune and can hardly wait to feel and HEAR the changes to my 09.

Kenchan, I don't think the dealer will pull your CB because I think it effects/disables other systems. I will put this discussion where it belongs in the other thread, but...

I pulled mine (its an 09, so totally necessary) and now the passenger side child-seat airbag/sensor/disable function does not work. On the other hand, as long as you don't put kids up there, its the only thing I can detect that is adversely effected.

Also the mod it a *totally* easy one, even for non-mechanical guys like me if you decide to take it on yourself. I see most ppl have the steering lock motor failure at about 30k miles or so. 500 bucks plus a tow! Sheesh!!!!

Good luck. Have fun. The build and getting to know the guts of your ride is half the fun.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 07-26-2012 at 07:01 AM.