View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #5104 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
Yeah I hope so too that equals more $ for the Z

Oil temps I dont have too many issues but on our spirited cruises they do get up to 240. Its less because of oil temp issues and more for general safety and to protect the engine. From what I read the optimal temps are 180-200 after that there will be slight bogging down, after 220 especially. One day I may also decided to track or autocross it so I'll definitely need one then.

Since I want to keep the car a long time, I figure it's a good investment. I use red line oil , and it did help keep the temps maybe 5 degrees lower.

Well the story with the lowering is that because my CPA exam swallows my time . The swifts springs are in my garage, and I'll just wait to get camber arms and install it all at once.
i see... huh, i didnt know the engine was programmed for 180-200. im usually around 220 range during my drives. no issue bogging yet, but heat does take away some power especially after a long stop waiting for the freight train to pass or something. my IAT's like 130F+ by that time. on a typical summer day my IAT's only about 9-11F higher than ambient.

ahh, so you're going to be ready to have a new setup when you're done with your CPA stuff.

which reminds me... i need to get my G's alignment soon. i hit a pretty big bump the other day on the road from all the heat where the asphalt raised up like 5-6inches. wasn't expecting that.