View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #5103 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
sorry to hear about the stock situation. hope you find that investment to net something back!

are you having issues with oil temps? ive not had one issue even during the hot summer days. the only thing i use is mobil1 silver cap and factory oil filter. and i drive pretty spiritedly at times.

so you're already lowered then?
Yeah I hope so too that equals more $ for the Z

Oil temps I dont have too many issues but on our spirited cruises they do get up to 240. Its less because of oil temp issues and more for general safety and to protect the engine. From what I read the optimal temps are 180-200 after that there will be slight bogging down, after 220 especially. One day I may also decided to track or autocross it so I'll definitely need one then.

Since I want to keep the car a long time, I figure it's a good investment. I use red line oil , and it did help keep the temps maybe 5 degrees lower.

Well the story with the lowering is that because my CPA exam swallows my time . The swifts springs are in my garage, and I'll just wait to get camber arms and install it all at once.