View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #4453 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
You know what I hate? I hate it when people that used to manage particular POS old school devices on the network (DEC Terminal Servers) couldn't be bothered to spread a little experience to fellow teammates in need with regards to said POS because it's not in their job description anymore. Makes me want to choke 'em out.

Ok, I've said my bit now too! Sorry!
I feel your pain. We have an up to date side of the business and a antique side of the business combined with major reductions in skilled trades and an aging work force. Training doesn't exist for those who want it, old guys don't want to learn the new tech as they are close to retiring, and they don't care to tell anyone what they know about the old tech, and the company is so short sighted, they only care about the profits today and not long term profits...

Hell in a hand basket. As long as if my paycheck is in my bank account every Thursday, I can deal with the circus.