View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #4317 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
wow, nice work on that thread, mr.gale!

so i did some tests tonight on my DSLR using raw + jpeg (fine). basically wanted to simulate over exposure... typical issue i run into while taking picts of my silver car in the sun. used my digital piano keys and flash snapped at f/1.8 closeup. the white keys were all blended together due to over exposure, but the black keys looked great.

with RAW: i was able to recover the lines between the white keys without affecting the black keys.

with jpeg: i could not

i dont get many tries to take car picts (i dont have time to redo) so i think having raw files as backup will give me insurance just in case my shots are over exposed.
Thank you sir

RAW + jpeg is a safe bet. I do the same unless it's studio work then I shoot RAW.