View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #4315 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
The last stage protection used is AF Passion. For the full details refer to my correction thread, 370z - Correction detail (picture heavy)

You can PM me with your desired results and I can help with product choice. There are many great products out there, you don't need to stick with Auto Finesse, although Auto Finesse is to me what Michelin PSS is to Mr.onzedge.
wow, nice work on that thread, mr.gale!

so i did some tests tonight on my DSLR using raw + jpeg (fine). basically wanted to simulate over exposure... typical issue i run into while taking picts of my silver car in the sun. used my digital piano keys and flash snapped at f/1.8 closeup. the white keys were all blended together due to over exposure, but the black keys looked great.

with RAW: i was able to recover the lines between the white keys without affecting the black keys.

with jpeg: i could not

i dont get many tries to take car picts (i dont have time to redo) so i think having raw files as backup will give me insurance just in case my shots are over exposed.