View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #102 (permalink)
fryzia23
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 MB 370Z NISMO
fryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts-c63 View Post
I just went to go look at the car again at the yard its being held at to check out the damage in detail more. All I have to say is I do not want this car to be fixed the!! I looked under the mats and stuff in the trunk at the floor is all twisted... He hit my car so hard that he knocked my rear springs off! My rear springs were in the front seat of the car along with what looked like my control arms and camber arms. Can you guys tell me what will happen with my exhaust? I bought it off a fourm member so I dont have a invoice or anything for it. Do you think insurance will pay for a new exhaust system?
Something similar has happened to me 2 weeks ago where my nismo was hit parked at the gym parking lot. Again another 18 year kid doing god knows what and hit the rear of my car while I was inside the gym. Its not as bad but still it came out to 10k for total damages including my ark exhaust which got bent. In that case where theres an aftermarket part the insurance will replace it with the oem unit. When the adjuster guy showed up to evaluate the supplement, my body shop guy told him that since this is the after market exhaust I will need the entire oem catback system. And he went for it and approved it.
The total for oem nismo catback is $3182 which Ill be picking tomorrow from my body shop guy. So Ill be buying another Ark and the rest is going for the mods Ive been planing to do in the future but get to do it now. Also I was told by the adjuster I definitely have a claim for diminished value compensation so you should make sure to get that too.
Your stock exhaust would be ~$1500 so the top speed would pay its self off unless your car will be totaled then I dont think it would matter anyways. But nonetheless I wish my nismo was never hit and Im sorry to hear that something similar has happened to you. Best of luck
BTW I also got altima hybrid that Ill be rocking for at least another 2 weeks while the car getting fixed :/
fryzia23 is offline   Reply With Quote