View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
DeEePiDDy
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z CY MT
DeEePiDDy is on a distinguished road

So my big summer project for the Z this year is redoing/upgrading the headunit and adding rear speakers. In a few weeks Big Matt aka BigAudioFanat(ic) will be doing my install. What we plan on doing is taking out the 2010 Pioneer Avic x920bt out of my 370z and putting it into my dad's 2005 Mercedes Benz C320 with a Axxess Metra ASWC. I will be installing a Kenwood DNX9990HD in my 370z while adding Polk DB351 rear speakers in the stock location.

After having the Pioneer for 2 years I feel like something is missing. First off I want a bigger full sized 7 inch screen instead of the x920bt's 6 inch screen. While I have had zero issues with the unit I just feel like the system over all is a bit lacking. I thoroughly played with both the Kenwood DNX9990HD and the Pioneer Z140BH at the area electronics stores and just feel like the Kenwood is on another level. Even after doing the install 2 years ago part of me wished I had gone with the Kenwood instead of the Pioneer. Please keep in mind that while Matt gave me his opinion on Pioneers BUT NEVER tried to impose his will or force me into getting something that I ultimately didn't choose. In the end I agree with him that Kenwood units definitely outclass the Pioneers. I feel like Matt takes a lot of heat because he dislikes Pioneers but strangely enough many of the professional installers I've met at the local shops pretty much agreed with his opinion.