View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #93 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidyan View Post
The nissan ester is not Synthetic. Its probably the only non-synthetics with Ester in it. Many have concluded that they are better off with a good synthetic like Redline which also has Esters. Also, there has been no valve ticking noise with RL or other high quality synthetics.
I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas but do we have any links that backs this up? So far I've heard its based on a synthetic blend and others say its a dino oil with Esters added. No links to the manufactures specs or any lab tests done on the oil so either way its hearsay until someone gives us some evidence either way.

I've read about people who have had ticking on the G37 that was resolved with the TSB regarding the ticking sound that uses both a flash and the Ester oil as the fix. Do we have any links to people who have fixed their ticking with Redline, etc?