View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
ericzmyers
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Silver 370Z
ericzmyers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNine370Z View Post
Ericzmyers,
Any updates on your seasucker's? I made my own Boofsquire rack & supplemented it with two seasucker's. I used it from Phx to LA once with great success on my 350Z but haven't used it on the 70 yet.

Just curious how much use you have on them & any issues.
i use it quiet a bit, couple times a week. i have to take highways to get to most of the trail heads. id say i drive a little slower with the rack on top...... so around 80-85 is max.

The one issue I did have is- you have to strap the crank arms down to the chain stay ..... i got a bit of a ripple/ding because of my own ignorance.....Im gonna try the old hair dryer and canned air trick to see if i can pull it out....

the clearance on the roof isn't enough for my 29ers low bottom bracket.

You know how it is... it is hardly noticeable but..... i know its there. Like i said it wasn't the sea suckers fault it was my bad luckily id didn't scratch or seriously dent the roof.

Over all, I've had not function issues with the rack.... i take good care of it, keep it stored properly, check it often to make sure it is still sealed and drive a little more conservative....... I get some pretty interesting looks though

Hope this helps and good luck with the kayak. if you have the boofsquier type set up id bet you could mount a yakima or thule kayak carrier.... most have square and round bar adapters.

id like to see a pic of that!

Eric