View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwilliams8586 View Post
I recently purchased an Ark grip exhaust for my 12 nismo and experienced some challenges. First, the exhaust does not align with he rear bumper outlets. Passenger side exhaust tip is touching the bumper outlet. Second, the resonators sit directly on the underbody brace, which could easily cause damage to the resonators during any impact. When I spoke with Ark they stated you need to put half an inch of washers in between the brace to provide enough clearance. The problem with that is this brace is not your typical strait piece that runs from the drivers side to passenger side. This piece connects to the rear sway bars as well. I am very concerned with adding washers to a piece that could adversely impact the structural integrity of the vehicle.

I am posting this because today was a major pain and I had to waste half of my day at the shop and I still don't have my car. I don't want any one else to go thru the same hastle.
To be fair.. you may not need the spacers.

loosen all the bolts, then with the midpipe (area near your brace) jacked up, tighten the bolts to the stock cats.
with the item still jacked up, move to the next set
Also, Line up the tips before tightening.if your by yourself, tighten them little by little each side. if you tighten one side all the way, it "pulls the exhaust a bit" when when you supposedly line up the next side and tighten it pulls back a bit and now its all crooked.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote