View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #3242 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
bbig- sorry to hear about Prince. RIP

hahaha

hi mr.gale. sounds good that you got your cupholder thingie and stands straight. you might want to try making a tripod mount for your zoom if you your zoom has a tripod mount hole?

for mine i just drilled 2 holes into the base and mounted a thin piece of metal with the tripod knob and e-clip on the other side so my knob doesn't fall off.

on the base, i added some 5mm thick weather seal stripping blocks on the bottom half of the part of the base extenders. this is to prevent the extenders from holding onto the painted cupholder ring on the Z. that part vibrated on my car in certain frequencies when the tascam was attached.

after pulling out the cupholder assembly i pulled apart the painted ring and put a piece of e-tape sandwiched between the painted trim clip part and the base plastic for a secure fit. you'll know wat i mean if you pull your cupholder assy out of the center console and see the passenger side of the ring. yours might not vibrate though with your zoom attached.
The Zoom does have the tripod mount I just need to find some time for modding. Thanks for the helpful info

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Hello Everyone!!

It seems there's lots of up&down happening to our fellows....

Hang-in there my friends....

There's nothing couldn't be solved and the outcome will always be good in long run.

Hang-in there...
Hi Mr.alcheng

Wise words bud